Job Title: BI Developer
Salary: up to £40,000 (DOE)
Location: Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL
About the team
We are looking for an experienced BI Developer to join our BI team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. Reporting to the BI Manager, you will be joining team of 4 developers which support the business with BI/MI requests.
About the role
The successful candidate will be helping to develop and support existing ETL load and extract process and ensure that data is loaded correctly and to agreed SLAs.
The key elements of your role will include:
• Work with the business directly and through technical business analyst to define BI requirement.
• Develop robust and easy to maintain ETL to transform and load data into data warehouse.
• Develop standard look and feel for all reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources
• Develop and maintain Analysis Services Cubes.
• Optimize TSQL and MDX query performance to meet agreed SLA
• Develop sophisticate, well performed reports, dashboards.
• Perform thorough unit tests.
• Manage report security through standard procedures.
• Perform release to production through standard process.
• Perform root cause analysis for troubleshooting production issues.
• Deliver results within a multi-task work environment.
• Perform data analysis using T-SQL, Excel and Power BI.
• Provide input into standards and best practices for ETL development
• Identify data quality issues and support the data governance initiative by developing exception reports.
• Provide technical training to report users
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of their own workload and hit the ground running. You will need to have:
• Hands-on development experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (or higher).
• Strong TSQL and SSIS skills.
• Good SSRS on report development.
• Excellent performance tuning on T-SQL and ETL.
• Experience with Agile development practices.
• Good understanding of OLTP and OLAP databases.
• Good understanding of Kimball Data Warehouse concept.
• Can-do attitude, an ability to think on your feet and work under pressure
• Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Success working in a team based environment with good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and virtually.
• The ability to work quickly and effectively in order to provide ad hoc queries to business users.
• Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work with Technical Business Analyst, to read, interprets and develops reports from requirement documents.
• The ability to work with internal and external customers to define report requirements
What’s in it for you?
• You’ll start on 22 days’ holiday, plus bank holiday and birthday holiday
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Free onsite parking
• Free fruit
• We give you access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure, family fun and more
• Access to hundreds of pounds’ worth of health care and treatments via our Health Cash Plan
• You’ll also get access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- BI Developer