Job Title: Compliance Manager
Salary: Up to £60,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL with travel to other offices required
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to join the team on a full time permanent basis. Reporting into the Risk and Compliance Director, you will be joining a successful and experienced compliance team which provide real-time Compliance support and advice to the first line across the group within the Brokering Business and the MGA.
The Compliance team are a centralised function based at our Head Office in Bristol. The team provide support across multiple sites so it is essential that you have the flexibility to travel to our other locations on an ad-hoc basis.
About the role
You will be providing a significant contribution to the execution and delivery of the Annual Approved Compliance Monitoring Plan, as well as providing on-going Compliance Awareness throughout the Group.
The key elements of your role will include:
• Delivery of real-time advice to the first line and Senior Compliance Officer, and management of Compliance ‘sign-offs’ as required, e.g. changes to the online and offline customer journey, financial promotions, letters etc.
• Subject matter expert for regulatory obligations (including FCA and Data Protection).
• Oversight of all regulatory breaches, and completion of the monthly bordereaux to the PI insurer.
• Completion of the 6 monthly regulatory return accurately and on a timely basis.
• Delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan on a timely basis, ensuring high-quality reviews are completed in accordance with Brightside’s Compliance Monitoring Methodology.
• Deliver added-value recommendations to assist the business in continuously improving the regulatory control environment.
• Support and coaching of the Senior Compliance Officer to ensure efficient operation of the Compliance function, and the personal development of the Senior Compliance Officer.
• To be considered for the role you will need to have at least 5 years’ experience in Compliance within the Insurance Sector, ideally with Insurance Broker experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience of delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews.
• You will need to have experience of Delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews and have an in-depth knowledge of FCA regulations, notably ICOBS, CONC, PERG, FIT, PROD, CASS and SYSC
• It’s important that you can be commercially sensitive whilst considering business and regulatory risks and that you have strong business knowledge and a thorough understanding of insurance products, distribution and processes.
• We will need you to be a confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and have well-developed influencing skills. It’s important that and have strong analysis skills and that you can effectively problem solve.
• You will need to be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
What’s in it for you?
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
- Compliance Manager