Director of Trading
Job Title: Director of Trading
Salary: Competitive (Depending on experience)
Location: Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL with regular travel to other offices required
About the team
We are looking for a Director of Trading to join the team on a full time permanent basis, reporting into the Managing Director. This position will have responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to drive business performance and efficiency, as well as accountability for the P+L of the taxi / minibus product line within the Group.
The successful person will be a key contributor within the leadership team and will be working closely with the Executive team.
About the role
The key elements of your role will include:
• Drive a one team approach through effective partnering with the contact centre teams to ensure delivery against agreed strategy
• Analysing performance to ensure teams are adopting the correct strategy in order to deliver the required growth and profitability
• Market analysis to identify areas for growth
• Optimise existing customer opportunities and insurer relationships
• P&L budgeting and performance accountability for Taxi/Minibus product category within the Group
• Lead and inspire direct reports to ensure that they are managed appropriately to deliver great performance
• Develop clear, structured plans and objectives for product strategies
• To ensure adherence to the SM&CR regulations and maintain certification associated with this role
• Comply with all relevant legislative and legal requirements, including industry regulations, employment law, Data Protection and Health and Safety.
• Any other reasonable duties associated with this level of role
To be considered for the role you will need to:
• Have experience in developing & driving strategy as part of a cross functional team & across organisations
• Have an understanding of current and future operational drivers in the general insurance market
• Strong knowledge of product and market, ideally with taxi or minibus product experience in an insurance broker
• Previous senior leadership experience of large teams
• Strong influencing skills, particularly in a matrix environment
• Experience of delivering exceptional customer service or sales performance
• Highly numerical with evidence of previous P&L management and control
• Proven delivery success against plans and targets in agreed time frames
• You will need to be a self-starter with ability to lead from the front
• You will need to be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
What’s in it for you?
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
- Director of Trading