This is Brightside…
Brightside Insurance is a growing Top 30 insurance broker, a specialist in providing niche insurance solutions, we provide a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial products to our customers through a number of dedicated brands which include; ‘Brightside Insurance’, ‘Commercial Vehicle Direct’ and ‘One Insurance Solution’, we also partner with some of UK’s top Insurance Companies.
Our people are the life of our business – with nearly 500 employees across three offices.
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration and dedication. Working for Brightside is all about making a difference. A difference for our customers and for our business. It’s about putting our customers at the heart of what we do - doing the right things and doing them well.
At Brightside we have created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards hard work.
This is the salary on offer…
We are offering a salary of up to circa. £50,000 dependant on experience.
This is the job…
This is an exciting and varied position holding key responsibilities within the Brightside Group. If you are looking to build on your experience by taking responsibility for a number of key tasks within the department this could be a great opportunity for you. You will have the opportunity to engage and influence senior stakeholders, whilst being involved in a wide range of projects and new products. Your key responsibilities will include:
• The production of monthly management accounts for all Broking units including balance sheet reconciliations
• Regular and ad-hoc analysis, reporting and commentary to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
• Providing support and analysis to understand the key performance drivers
• Preparing, understanding, challenging and agreeing business plans and forecasts
• Working with all departments and key business stakeholders to help make financial decisions
• Facilitating the year end audit process including liaising with auditors as necessary
• Line management responsibility for a Finance Analyst
This is who you are…
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA etc.)
• Knowledge of Access Dimensions, FocalPoint and Connect IP would be beneficial
• Be able to demonstrate well-developed planning, processing & organising abilities, a high level of attention to detail and the capacity to work to key deadlines. You must have prioritisation and time management skills combined with a high degree of accuracy.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to present in meetings and develop credibility with the management team.
• Be able to support and work in a small, close-knit team.
• Have good judgment, excellent commercial awareness and a focus on continuous improvement
• Be highly analytical, pro-active and commercial.
• To have good problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL (there is plenty of free parking on site)
This is what we can offer you…
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
Your personal information…
The Brightside Group only accept applications from people over the age of 16 excluding apprenticeships. Any applications received from children under the age of 16 will be rejected, and their details erased.
- Management Accountant