Senior Compliance Officer
Senior Compliance Officer
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join the team, providing real time compliance support across the business.
This is an interesting and varied role positioned within the 2nd line of defence, reporting directly in to the Head of Governance.
This is Brightside Insurance…
Brightside is a growing Top 30 insurance broker, a specialist in providing niche insurance solutions, we provide a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial products to our customers through a number of dedicated brands.
Our people are the life of our business – with nearly 500 employees across three offices.
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration and dedication.
Working for Brightside is all about making a difference. A difference for our customers and for our business. It’s about putting our customers at the heart of what we do - doing the right things and doing them well.
At Brightside we have created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards hard work.
This is the job…
This is an interesting and varied role responsible for;
• Delivery of real-time advice to the first line, and management of Compliance ‘sign-offs’
• Subject matter expert for regulatory obligations (including FCA and Data Protection)
• Oversight of all regulatory breaches, and completion of the monthly bordereaux to the PI insurer
• Completion of the 6 monthly regulatory return accurately and on a timely basis.
• Delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan ensuring high-quality reviews are completed and deliver added-value recommendations to assist the business in continuously improving the regulatory control environment
• Support and coaching of the Compliance Officer
• Delivery of updates to the business of all regulatory and industry updates.
This is who you are…
• To be considered for the role you will need to have been a Compliance officer within the Insurance Sector and ideally within an Insurance Broker.
• You will need to have experience of Delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews and have an in-depth knowledge of FCA regulations, notably ICOBS, CONC, PERG, FIT, PROD, CASS and SYSC.
• It’s important that you can be commercially sensitive whilst considering business and regulatory risks and that you have strong business knowledge and a thorough understanding of insurance products, distribution and processes.
• We will need you to be a confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and have well-developed influencing skills. It’s important that and have strong analysis skills and that you can effectively problem solve.
• You will need to be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
• Ideally you will be CII qualified, but this isn’t essential.
This s the salary on offer…
We are offering a starting salary of £40,000 - £50,000 based on experience.
This is what we can offer you…
We believe in the value of developing our people and offer a host of opportunities. Following your initial induction and training we will provide valuable in-role development.
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL (there is plenty of free parking on site)
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Compliance, FCA, CII Qualified