Technology Governance Manager
Technology Governance Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Technology team here at the Brightside Group. Reporting to the Technology Director you will be responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory and company obligations from a technology perspective, including, but not limited to; information security, IT Governance in line with ITIL and BCP.
You will need to:
• Have a good understanding of data protection, financial services and ICT;
• Be an experienced manager (ideally within IT) with exposure to communicating at all levels of the business;
• Be able to design, implement and manage effective technology governance policies, procedures and controls utilising ITIL and ISO27001 as standards.
Key attributes for the role include:
• Degree level or equivalent
• Essential to have experience working in a regulated industry, preferably financial services sector.
• Experience of managing IT governance particularly through ITIL and ISO27001 standards and frameworks.
• Experience of developing and implementing Technology policies, processes, procedures and controls, and of implementing monitoring to assure compliance.
• Must have management experience, ideally in an IT setting, but operational management will be considered.
• Experience of developing, implementing and the ongoing management of Cyber Security strategy and information security policies and procedures.
• Experience of leading, managing and developing a practical and robust Change Management Process.
• Experience of developing business continuity plans and working across a business to facilitate development of business continuity plans.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key Technology team members in order to ensure cross-departmental compliance with established processes and procedures.
• Must have compliance testing, monitoring or auditing experience.
• Good technological understanding of IT operations, and ability to work with Technical & Support teams, Project Managers and third parties to develop and enhance operational processes and procedures.
• An appreciation of ICT architecture.
• Good communication skills at a written, presentational & inter-personal level to influence and deliver solutions.
• Strong communications and stakeholder management skills.
• A strong customer service outlook.
• Output focused, exceptionally organised and able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, across multiple activities.
Salary on offer…
We are offering a salary of up to £55,000 subject to experience
These are the benefits we can offer you…
We believe in the value of developing our people and offer a host of opportunities. Following your initial induction, we provide valuable in-role development.
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
Who are Brightside Insurance…
Brightside Insurance is a growing Top 30 insurance broker, a specialist in providing niche insurance solutions, we provide a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial products to our customers through a number of dedicated brands which include; ‘Brightside Insurance’, ‘Commercial Vehicle Direct’ and ‘One Insurance Solution’, we also partner with some of UK’s top Insurance Companies.
Our people are the life of our business – with nearly 500 employees across three offices.
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration and dedication. Working for Brightside is all about making a difference. A difference for our customers and for our business. It’s about putting our customers at the heart of what we do - doing the right things and doing them well.
At Brightside we have created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards hard work.
Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL. Travel to our other offices in Torquay and Southampton may be required.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Technology Governance Manager