Technology Governance Manager
Salary: up to £60,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL with travel to other offices required
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Technology Governance Manager to join the team on a full time permanent basis. Reporting into the Technology Director, you will be working in a centralised IT function based at our Head Office in Bristol. The position will include occasional travel to our other locations on an adhoc basis.
About the role
You will be responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory and company obligations from a technology perspective, including, but not limited to; information security, IT Governance in line with ITIL and BCP.
You will need to:
• Be able to design, implement and manage effective technology governance policies, procedures and controls utilising ITIL and ISO27001 as standards.
• Have a good understanding of data protection, financial services and ICT.
• Be an experienced manager (ideally within IT) with exposure to communicating at all levels of the business.
• Degree level or equivalent
• Essential to have experience working in a regulated industry, preferably financial services sector.
• Experience of managing IT governance particularly through ITIL and ISO27001 standards and frameworks.
• Experience of developing and implementing Technology policies, processes, procedures and controls, and of implementing monitoring to assure compliance.
• Must have management experience, ideally in an IT setting, but operational management will be considered.
• Experience of developing, implementing and the ongoing management of Cyber Security strategy and information security policies and procedures.
• Experience of leading, managing and developing a practical and robust Change Management Process.
• Experience of developing business continuity plans and working across a business to facilitate development of business continuity plans.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key Technology team members in order to ensure cross-departmental compliance with established processes and procedures.
• Must have compliance testing, monitoring or auditing experience.
• Good technological understanding of IT operations, and ability to work with Technical & Support teams, Project Managers and third parties to develop and enhance operational processes and procedures.
• An appreciation of ICT architecture.
• Good communication skills at a written, presentational & inter-personal level to influence and deliver solutions.
• Strong communications and stakeholder management skills.
• A strong customer service outlook.
• Output focused, exceptionally organised and able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, across multiple activities.
What’s in it for you?
• Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health Cash Plan (includes wellbeing, optical and dentistry allowance)
• 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum plus birthday day off
• Additional holiday allowance increased in line with length of service
• A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 3 days (FTE)
• On-site parking
• Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & wellbeing, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers